Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Two

When I began planning to take this sabbatical, one of the most fun, yet most challenging tasks was choosing the books that I would read.  Over the summer I got a Nook e-reader with September in mind.

 This nifty gadget is able to hold up to 1,500 books at a time and is roughly the size of a 5x7 photograph.  The screen is much easier to read from than reading on a computer and it is much easier to carry a Nook about with me than to lug all of my books!
As of yesterday, I have 41 books loaded on my Nook and 11 "paper and ink" books stacked on my  the kids' school table.  
Today I began reading a book that, upon its release at the end of 2009, met with spectacular reviews. 


Mark Deaver is one of the pastors whose church I will be visiting this month and he had this to say about this challenging book:


I've read a few chapters and already my thinking has been very challenged.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of what the authors of the book have to say.

Finally, did you know that today is the opening day for college football season?  Enjoy it.  We actually observed a moment of silence in our home this evening in honor of the season that is to come! (It was mostly a silent moment...as silent as it ever gets around here anyway!)

No comments: