Friday, September 3, 2010

Day Three

Today I listened to disc three of a pastor training series that I started on Wednesday.  The teaching covered The Pastor and his Faith, The Pastor and his Family, The Pastor and his Flesh, The Pastor and his Friends, and The Pastor and his Frustrations.  There were many great principles and questions to reflect on.

I also continued reading "The Trellis And The Vine", as well as several other books I have started since Wednesday.  So far, most of my reading has dealt with the ministry of the pastor, and the ministry of the church.  My potential reading list is long, and covers many more topics.  I will probably be adding more books into the reading cycle in the next few days.

These first few days of sabbatical I have spent at home.  Here are a few observations from "being at home" all day:
1.  My wife deserves a sabbatical.
2.  I miss out on Kate saying very funny things throughout the course of the day when I'm at work.
3.  Molly is very quiet and can bring destruction very quickly.
4.  Cole needs a brother.
5.  Megan is a fantastic big sister.
6.  Sony headphones plugged into the computer block out a great deal of noise.


This weekend I will begin traveling.  Stay tuned....more to come.

1 comment:

Janet and Ken said...

Praying for you to rest and refresh along with safe travels too. Now you won't seem so far away since you're blogging. ;-)
Have a great trip! Love to all!