Saturday, June 6, 2009

Watch Your Life And Doctrine

In the spring of 2006, I had the privilege of attending the "Together For The Gospel" conference. One of the messages given at the conference was by a pastor I had never heard of before, C.J. Mahaney. He spoke from 1 Timothy 4:16 on the subject of "Watching Your Life And Doctrine". This message was very powerful, and made a great impact on my life. Since the conference back in 2006, I have listened to this message many times. In fact, the message by C.J., and the scripture taken from 1 Timothy 4:16 have served as the inspiration for the title of my blog.

I can think of nothing more important than watching our life and doctrine. I believe the key to finishing our race on this earth well is found in these two pillars. If our lives are not right, we will be disqualified. If our doctrine is not right, we will be derailed. So, it is imperative that we give careful consideration to both how we live, and what we believe.
Now you know the theme and history behind my blog. As I write, I will be sharing and reflecting on those two twin pillars of life and doctrine, and how we can persist in them. So, as Paul says we will be able to "save both yourself and your hearers".

No comments: